Monday, June 8, 2009

Pet for a day

In every kids meal there comes a toy. A toy that is usually crap and ends up with about 10 others in a gallon sized ziplock baggy marked $1 at our garage sales. I personally like what Chic-fil-a puts in their meals because it's on the educational side, but the kids are usually less than thrilled. So receiving a toy that we both approved of was a rarity and shockingly it came from Sonic. It's a mini bug village and today the scientist found the first resident.
Look closely at the grey bump. Believe it or not that's a lady bug. I guess it's albino or something. We've been getting a few odd colored ones lately. Some almost all black, others orange, green or a few with no spots. Anyway, if The Scientist finds one other than the average red with black spots it becomes a "man bug". So this man bug is his pet of the day.
.
Here he is in typical Scientist mode. Note his inquisitive look, slightly long and disheveled hair, unbuttoned shirt and lunch leftovers at the corners of his mouth. He can't take his eyes off his captive long enough to look at the camera.
.
And this is what I get when I tell him to act natural:
.
And here he is in my favorite picture of the mini shoot. He actually looks rather sweet, soft featured, and innocent, but if you look in the eyes you can read his thoughts, "Mom, this is one picture too many."
.
*I'd like to say no bugs were harmed in the making of this blog, but I'm pretty sure the man bug has a limp from being transported in a 5yr olds fist to his new home. I do plan on letting the little thing go as soon as I convince the scientist that he has a home to get back to. It seems easy enough, but I have to go though a long list of "Why's" like: "Why can't WE be his family?" "Why can't he have babies in here and start a family in this bug catcher?" Let's hope he can hang in there for at least a few hours....

5 comments:

  1. now you have to watch them, those strange colored ones are trouble and might start selling drugs in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a doll, I love all his expressions. Bryce is so fascinated with bugs, the worst is when he brings them in to show me and accidently drops them on me, the joys of being a mom to boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I love all the pics! The first one (so seriously concentrating) then silly then sweet:) Hey bugs are interesting! I even used to collect them when I was five...lol! I hope when you guys come to visit we can see a vinegaroone! Now that is one wild looking bug! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegaroon

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so silly..I miss him. Hell I miss mine being that small...WAIT no I dont, well maybe just a little. Now he "doesnt have anything to do!" and is bored ALL the time. We are putting in a daycamp for YMCA and when he starts the first week they are going to Six Flags OMG can I handle that?! We will have to see lol. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where ya been? You are as bad,well not as bad, as me about blogging, lately, lol. Happy 4th of July. Hope you all have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...