Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So me




You have probably seen this sign around somewhere. It's actually a propaganda poster made (but not used) by the British government during WWII circa 1939 (thank you wikipedia) and I've seen it popping up recently on t-shirts, commercials, and of course, home interiors. I like the quote and have wanted it somewhere in my home as an inspiration, but really when I sat down to actually print one out and use it, I realized... I always follow this advice. I live it everyday. I'm not one that freaks out or gives up hope that tomorrow will bring a better day. I mean, I have my moments, but big picture, I'm not a panicky person. I don't even have any current obstacles in my life (thank you lord!) that would require a reminder that deep.

So, one day, I'm looking at magnets on Etsy (because that's what everyone does on a Tuesday evening right) and I come across a humorous take on the Carry On poster and it is perfect! If there is one thing I need during difficult times in MY life, it's humor. So, I whipped this up on Fireworks (a program much like Paintshop pro I've heard), and printed it out on plain ol' computer paper. I grabbed a frame I had laying around (thrift shop find of course) and ta-da!




I love it! The font and details of the crown are cuter than they appear in the picture, but it's hard to get a detailed picture on my camera without using the flash. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a really gaudy and ornate frame cause I think that suites it a little better, but for now, this works just fine. If you want one, just tell me the size and color you want, leave your email address and I'll send it to you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...