Saturday, June 12, 2010

Why I call him the Scientist

You know how every parent thinks their kids are the smartest kids alive? Well, of course they do! They all love their children and look at them through rose colored glasses. It's sweet really don't you think? But me, well, my child really IS a genius! I've got proof...

I was finishing up a major vacuum job in my son's room when Cutecumber decided to start fussing in her crib. I couldn't hear her over the vacuum so my sweet son fixed a bottle for her all on his own. (*I know she is almost 2 and still on the bottle, but don't let that fool you into thinking she isn't highly advanced as well. It's me holding her back. Totally.) Anyway, when I turned off the vacuum, my son was telling me about his wonderful deed (making sure he gets praised for his kindness..also pure genius) and I noticed she had a bottle that had been laying dirty in the sink. Uh oh!

Me: "Honey, did you get that bottle out of the dirty sink?"
Scientist: "Yes, but don't worry, I washed it."
Me: "Did you scrub it inside with the bottle cleaner?"
Scientist: "No, I couldnt find it. But I just poured a little rice down in there with some soap and water. Then I shook it up so it scrubbed the sides because my hand wouldn't fit in there."

Umm genius! I wonder what other bright and helpful things he will do while I run the vacuum in the kitchen to clean up all the spilled rice.....

5 comments:

  1. It's funny because that really is very smart, just not always the easiest way to go. You may have a future engineer on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know any other six year o9ld who would come up with that. smart kid

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has got to be one of my most favorite posts EVER!!!

    He's such a cool kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your alternative to the Pepper Chase game. I love it when readers share their experiences and alternate ways to do things! Cute kids and hillarious story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgosh what will he do next! That is too funny:) What a pure joy your kids are 2 me!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...