Wednesday, March 30, 2011

No-Sew Jean Repair

The Scientist is notorious for getting holes in the knee of his jeans. I tried THIS method and failed because his legs are so skinny and my machine doesn't have an arm that turns so it's impossible to sew it without sewing the backside to it (or at least impossible to ME). So I came up with a cute no-sew way to make his jeans last just a little longer until full-blown short season.

You need:
*ugly iron-on knee patches (I got mine at Albertsons on sale awhile back, but you can find them just about anywhere)
*Scissors
*Iron
*Holy jeans

Instructions:
*Cut shape out of patch
*Iron on (with a square piece on the back for reinforcement)

Result:

No more hole :)

1 comment:

  1. Spud has about 50 pairs of shorts because I cut all of his holey pants and hemmed them into shorts. Too bad winter is 10 months long here. :S

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...