Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 3

Well, there is a b-day party to be had come Saturday, so that takes priority over my "self help" regiment, but that doesn't mean I have to put it on hold. I'm going to try and get out of it what I can. As Katie mentioned, it's all about balance.

I have and will be spending most of today deep cleaning. Probably some of tomorrow too. Things I'll try and do to promote mental health (lol):
*Learn to work during most of Cutecumbers naps rather than relax through most of them.
*Appreciate the similarities between "cleaning my home" and "cleaning my life". a little hard work goes a long way - Getting rid of clutter etc...
* maybe I'll invite someone over to the party that I normally wouldn't. Forcing some social interaction and getting out of my comfort zone a bit. It is a social event after all. :)
* focusing on making this party fun for my son and not worry about the small stuff like what my relatives think of the unfinished floor. If I see a big smile on his face, then the little stuff will easily roll off my back.

I know this "planning" probably seems so ridiculous, but these baby steps are necessary for me and eventually, this thought process will become natural. I hope anyway lol

Btw, it's a robot party and the cake I have planned is going to be interesting. I'm excited and a bit nervous to see how it turns out! I'm also going to try and make a pinata for the first time. Good creative outlets and things that will make my son feel extra special on his special day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...