Thursday, January 14, 2010

Morning routine

Lately it seems as though I am living the same morning over and over.

Alarm goes off at 6:30.
Hit snooze.
Alarm goes off at 6:40.
Hit snooze.
Alarm goes of at 6:50.
Turn it off and sit up for a couple of minutes while I keep my eyes closed and mentally local my bathroom.
Pee, brush my hair and get it in a pony tail. (I brush my teeth after breakfast)
I let the dog out, or let her in if Ms. Thang has already let her out.
Find the closest "decent" pants which are usually the PJ's I shed in the night, grab my glasses and head out of the bedroom.
I wake up the scientist first and he always says the same thing.
"Noooo! I didn't even get to sleep yet! Don't turn off my TV."
I put his clothes for the day on his bed and turn off his TV.
**btw, I let him watch a movie every night. He usually opts to watch the same movie over and over all week. This week is Fraggle Rock. Some may think it's a bad idea to let your kids sleep w/ the TV on, but considering this is about the only time they watch it and it's a good noise filter through which they can not hear things that may scar them for life, I find it not only ok, but almost a necessity lol**
Next I move on the the girls room. Lately Ms. Thang is getting up with her own alarm so she has more time to do her hair and eat cereal. I'm glad! She is actually the hardest to wake up, especially when I am trying to do so quietly because I want Cutecumber to sleep in until the last possible minute.
It's part of the kids chores to make their lunches the night before, but they have been lax in that department. I round up the lunch boxes and fix them the same thing every day. Bologna sandwich for the scientist with a cherry carpi sun, orange, chips, and a gogurt. Ms. Thang gets a turkey sandwich, bottled water, chips and cookies.
*I remember when I used to put cute little notes everyday, and mix up their meals with something fun and different. I need to get on the ball again. Poor kids lol
Then I double check the clock, give a yell over how many minutes we have left (I like to leave the house at 7:20) put their lunches near their back packs and I have to sign something for someone.
Ms. Thang usually asks if I can come do the back of her hair.
I take another peek at the boy and tell him to hurry up and make his bed as I head to the crib and grab cutecumber.
I change her diaper and put on her socks and coat, while yelling out yet again how many minutes everyone has and reminding them to take a vitamin.

I put on my shoes and coat, grab my keys and usually at this point Ms Thang is finishing up her cereal, the scientist is finally starting to put on his coat and back pack.
When everyone is ready to go, we pile by the door, tell Wednesday (our dog) to go lay on the couch so she wont run out the door and we start heading to the van. The scientist waves at Wednesday as Ms Thang impatiently waits by the van telling him to "Hurry up!" because she has to wait for him to get in first. I buckle in the baby, get in and ask everyone if they have their seat belts on yet. The scientist's answer is always "No." so we wait...
Finally, I am out of the driveway and on the road by 7:25. The school is less that 3 minutes away. I pull up and we make sure the doors are open and they are letting kids in. (Ms. Thang has to be there @ 7:30 for orchestra and sometimes the doors don't open until exactly 7:30). I tell them I love them and to have a good day. Then the kids get out, walk hand in hand to the cross walk as I pull forward and wait. I take a mental note of what they are wearing as the crossing guard brings them across the front of my van. I love watching them cross together, holding hands. I need to take a pic with my phone someday so I can always remember it. Anyway, I drive off and always tell Cutecumber "It's just me and you kid" and we head home.
We eat some breakfast together and then she lays back down. I check my email and play on Facebook ( love farmville) for about an hour and then I start my daily routine.

So there you have it. Not super interesting, but I wanted to record it. I know I will look back at this and marvel at how much my live has changed someday. :)

1 comment:

  1. Whew that is a great routine but I am glad I am just a grandma! My routine is half that - and that is all I can handle, I guess God knew to give me kids early in life while I was still young and energetic:) Thanks for sharing all that you do!!mom


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...