Sunday, March 14, 2010

Projects

The weather here has been fantastic this weekend! I love it. I went to a few garage sales on Sat and scored. The best deal were two pretty "shabby chic" plaques to hang beside my giant clock for 75 cents each. I wanted something a little more rectangular but I like them. I'm not sure what they are made of. Maybe plaster or a thin cast iron. They are really heavy. I try and stay with things a little more "clean" and I could always paint them, but I'm leaving them as is until I figure out what exactly I want to do. I'm thinking of doing a green band on that wall centered behind the clock. I just need to find a green that goes well with the living area and the kitchen since this wall divides them and is more of a giant pillar between the two.



I also used the red star I picked up from Goodwill the other day and stitched it into the center of my Dollar Tree wreath. I think I should change the color. It's feeling a touch too Christmas-y to me. I keep doing these super "country" type things, including the shabby chic plaques I just got, that stray a little from the clean look I really like, but there is this softer country side to me and I suppose it all meshes well enough. I finally finished recovering the other chair pictured here too, and in the background you can see something I got more for my husband at a garage sale and spent $2 on it which is high for me when it comes to second hand items lol. It's one of those things you use to blow the fire in the fireplace. I have no idea what it's really called. I just knew it had an eagle on it and that seemed "American" and that is right up his alley. It made my whole fireplace area seem more colonial though. With the fireplace moulding, the fabric on the chairs, and now this eagle embellished "fireplace puffer" I have a strange mix going on in there, but to me it flows. If I had to name the style in there now, I'd call it Clean American Country. Yes, I like that lol.


My Honey found this little worm at Dollar General. He looks darker when the plant has plenty of water and dries out and lightens in color to let you know when you need to add more. How cute is that! If you know me, you know I need all the help I can get. I've been cursed with two black thumbs. :P


Right now, as I type, I have three things drying and waiting for a second coat of spray paint. One is a bulletin board I want to hang in the laundry room. The other is the green magazine rack from my Thursday trip to Goodwill along with the wooden crate from that same trip. I was brainstorming trying to figure out what cute saying I could write on that little crate as I lay in bed last night. It's going to hold Ms Thang's hair accessories, like curling iron, blow dryer and head bands. Some of my ideas were:

"Bows and things" or "Princess gear" but that just sounded too young for a 12yr old.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" ..too deep
"Girl stuff"- not cute enough
"Hair crap"- rated pg 13

My honey asked me what I was thinking about. He pops out an idea and I think I'm going with it.

Stylin'

I like it!

I'll post pictures of that tomorrow. Oh, I also found this little flower print at Big Lots for $1.50. I think it looks so cute here by Cutecumbers chair. Man I need a new camera...

I also got a new bedspread at Target. See it here. I'm waiting to put it on my bed but when I do I'll post pictures. I need to do a Home Tour Challenge anyway.

Ps.. Dang all Easter candy. Dang it all to HECK! **nomm nomm nom**

1 comment:

  1. The fireplace puffer is called a billows, at least I think that's how you spell it. Look it up, it is possible that I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...