Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fiddlesticks Farm

I just heard about Fiddlesticks Farms this year from a friend and we really enjoyed it!

In short, it's a pumpkin patch with a lot of fun family activities like:
Corn Mazes
Hay rides
Potato sack slides
Corn and Pumpkin cannons
Petting zoo etc...

I would have loved to share a bunch of awesome photos with you, but my stinking camera died after one picture. I was left to scrape together a few memory shots with my daughters iphone.

Pink camo tractor- raffle for breast cancer awareness



The scientist takes a ride in a barrel cow pulled by a tractor


A bunch of animals I tell ya! :P


If you are in the area, check it out. This will definitely be a yearly thing for us. I think they have other things going on throughout the year as well, even winning Best Light Display for their Christmas light parade last year.

I'll let you guys in on a little funny tidbit that I wouldn't tell just anyone. It could put us in a "lazy, don't get out much" type peg that may or may not be true. lol
There are a few options when it comes to the corn maze. There is a shorter (low corn stalk) maze that lasts about 15 minutes, a 30 minute maze with med height stalks, and then there is the hour long maze with stalks that tower over my head at times and I'm a couple inches shy of 6ft.
We've never done a corn maze before. I know, it seems sacrilegious because we live in the south doesn't it? Anyway, for some unknown reason, we opted for the hour long maze. It started out good, but halfway through, it was obvious that we are the opposite of the hike-happy-outdoor-sy family.
They have markers with hints you can receive by text and "helpers" standing at different intervals in the maze and I'm sure they were having a blast listening to my family's complaints.
Ms. Thang was wishing for a hand held fan and an icy drink (at 10 am..can you imagine how she would have been if we had gone late afternoon?)
The scientist was wishing for a car so he could just drive through the rows and get back to the slide.
Even my Honey was mumbling something about a machete and some sunglasses. It was like they equated our family outing to being deserted on an island and were wishing they had each brought a specific survival tool. We were all happy to make it out though and proud we finished. I'd like to say we lost a little weight on that trek, but the sausage on a stick and fried potato twists probably canceled that out.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had fun! The maze sounds fun!! complaining and all! sausage on a stick!!! yum!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...