Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Few odd end projects

Here are a few things I've had done for a awhile but are too small to dedicated to a whole post on their own.

First, remember THESE ceramic plaques I got a last week for $3 each?


Well I decided to split them up for now and put the fleur de lis in my laundry room. I just washed over the whole thing with some white craft pant and then roughed it up a little with the back-end of the paint brush for a more "weathered" look.


I really like it in that spot. :) I'm still undecided about what to do with the other piece in the set, but I have been wanting to redo the mantel and it may end up there.

I also got a simple white soap dispenser at the Dollar Tree and wrote a note to the kids in permanent marker. Helpful reminder and a cute touch:



If you can't read it, it says "Wash your hands, <3 Mom"

Another quick project, (if you can even call it that) was this little owl candy "bucket" that I got in the Walmart clearance aisle. It was 75% off Easter candy. I believe I paid $.79 for it. It had a little bag of saltwater taffy, which I find disgusting, but it's one of Honey's favs.


I had a fake grass plant left over from another project where I used the container for something else, and just stuffed it in the little owl and filled it in with the same dirt-covered styrofoam that held the plant before. I think it looks super cute next to my pretty yellow bread box and does a good job of hiding that electrical socket.

And craftiness runs through the genes! Look at this cute painting Ms. Thang did for the family room. Does it remind you of anything? :)


Tomorrow is Thriftshop Thursday, and I'll be on the hunt for some cheap outdoor decor. If you find anything good tomorrow, leave me a comment and show me what you got!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you lived closer, I would want to come do projects with you. You really can see the treasure in things, I need to learn to do that, way cute.
    Love the painting, it definately runs in the family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...